EP Training, Accredited Commercial Driving Training Courses, Leatherhead, Surrey

Call us 01372 450 800

Your cart is currently empty

Book Your Course Now

Option 6. C1E or D1E


The letter "E" represents the term trailer. If you drive a 7.5 (C1) or minibus (D1) and tow a trailer in excess of 750 KGS (what the trailer is authorised to operate at) then you will require either C1E or D1E.

Before attaining the C1E or D1E you must first get the C1 or D1 (option 1 or 2). For C1E or D1E we deliver a 2 day driving course with a practical test at the end of the second day.

Option 7, C1 or C1E or D1 or D1E. No Driver CPC


EP training delivers C1 (7.5 tonnes), C1E (7.5 tonnes with trailer), D1 (minibus) and D1E (minibus and trailer) training.

We can manage the entire licence application process, including: medical, theory training, theory tests, practical training and practical test.

This course does NOT include the initial Driver CPC qualification (Modules 2 and 4).

We DO NOT charge a premium for our services. We charge the standard rate for a professional and comprehensive service. Those that do it cheaper are typically cutting corners and dropping standards. All prices include Vat and all test fees.

Course Overview

In order to drive a minibus with 9-16 passenger seats, you’ll need to ensure you have category D1 entitlement on your licence. To drive a minibus with a trailer exceeding 750kgs you’ll need D1E entitlement. Additionally, if you’ll be driving a minibus for hire and reward, you’ll need Driver CPC training on top of that.

This may seem daunting on first glance. But don’t worry, EP Training can lend a hand.

We can help you obtain all your required minibus qualifications and entitlements to ensure you’re driving legally and safely.

EP Training has been delivering practical D1 training for many years and our knowledgeable and friendly instructors are DSA approved. You’re training base will be at our approved, modern facilities in Great Bookham.

Let us guide you through your practical D1 training and D1E training in Surrey.

Once behind the wheel of one of our modern, well-maintained training vehicles, you’ll learn everything you need to know ahead of your practical test which will take place at the DSA test centre in Guildford.

If you need D1 Driver CPC training, we can help with that too.

Once you’ve completed your Initial Driver CPC (as part of your training if required), you’ll receive a Driver Qualification Card that’s valid for 5 years. After that, you’ll need to undertake a further 35 hours of training known as periodic training. EP Training is a leading provider of both Initial and Periodic Driver CPC courses.

EP Training can help you acquire your minibus licence from start to finish.

If you’d like us to, we can arrange for you to take your medical and/or your D1 practical driving test at no extra cost. We can also help you order additional training books and publications if needed.

Need a minibus refresher course?

We can tailor refresher courses according to your requirements. Contact us for further information.

D1 Restriction Code 101

Depending on when you passed your driving test, you may already have D1 entitlement on your licence.

If you passed your category B (car) test before 1st January 1997, it’s worth checking to see whether you can already drive a minibus without further training. If your licence carries a restriction code 101, it means you’ll need to undertake Driver CPC training to a drive a minibus for hire or reward.

Call our professional staff today on 01372 450 800 and get your personal quote.

Back to Top