Driver CPC TrainingSpeak with an expert now 01372 450800
Demand for our Driver CPC courses continues to go and we now run both individual modules as well as intensive courses every month of the year. EP Training has been hosting a wide range of course options since the introduction of Driver CPC back in 2008. Additional course dates are added when demand is very high and we also run single 7 hour module courses on selected Saturdays and Sundays.
What is Driver CPC?
It’s a mandatory requirement for all drivers wishing to drive professionally for hire and reward. Drivers must complete 35 hours of approved training every five years in order to revalidate their Driver Qualification Cards (DQCs).
Some drivers opt for intensive courses in order to achieve the requirements in one session, while others prefer to spread their training courses over the five years that are allocated (one module a year, for example).
Driver CPC is applicable to the majority of drivers as described above, although the government has confirmed there are some exemptions.
Every course aims to:
- Improve road safety
- Underpin and expand on existing driver knowledge and skills
- Ensure new entrants obtain the required knowledge and skills
Choosing Driver CPC Training Courses
EP’s courses have been carefully formulated by our team of professional instructors who are highly experienced in writing and delivering vocational course programmes. Our courses have been approved by JAUPT, as have our facilities (AC00110) in Great Bookham, Surrey.
Our current schedule consists of the following courses:
- Drivers’ Hours and Record Keeping
- Vehicle Safety Checks and Load Security
- First Aid
- Vulnerable Road Users
- Drivers’ Legal Responsibilities
The courses listed above can also be sat consecutively over five days as part of our intensive course package.
As an approved course provider, we will ensure that each course lasts the full duration of the allocated time (7 hours for an individual module and 35 hours for the intensive training courses) and that training hours are logged with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). Once 35 hours of training have been logged, the DVSA will re-issue a DQC.
Driver CPC Module 4 Training
- In order to successfully pass the Initial Driver CPC Module 4 examination, students will need to demonstrate their ability to ensure a vehicle and its load are both safe and secure.
- Our one day Module 4 course is perfect for brushing up on the skills needed for the practical associated knowledge exam.
- If required we will also arrange for the Module 4 test to take place and supply a training vehicle on the day.
Driver CPC Train the Trainer
Already familiar with Driver CPC and looking to provide training courses? We can run a two day course for any individual or company looking to teach an approved periodic course. Topics include: