Call us today01372 450 800Open 7am-5.30pm, Mon-Fri

Minibus TrainingSpeak with an expert now 01372 450800

In order to drive a minibus with 9-16 passenger seats, you’ll need to ensure you have category D1 entitlement on your licence. To drive a minibus with a trailer exceeding 750kgs you’ll need D1E entitlement. Additionally, if you’ll be driving a minibus for hire and reward, you’ll need Driver CPC training on top of that.

This may seem daunting on first glance. But don’t worry, EP Training can lend a hand.

We can help you obtain all your required minibus qualifications and entitlements to ensure you’re driving legally and safely.

EP Training has been delivering practical D1 training for many years and our knowledgeable and friendly instructors are DSA approved. You’re training base will be at our approved, modern facilities in Great Bookham.

Let us guide you through your practical D1 training and D1E training in Surrey.

Once behind the wheel of one of our modern, well-maintained training vehicles, you’ll learn everything you need to know ahead of your practical test which will take place at the DSA test centre in Guildford.

If you need D1 Driver CPC training, we can help with that too.

Once you’ve completed your Initial Driver CPC (as part of your training if required), you’ll receive a Driver Qualification Card that’s valid for 5 years. After that, you’ll need to undertake a further 35 hours of training known as periodic training. EP Training is a leading provider of both Initial and Periodic Driver CPC courses.

EP Training can help you acquire your minibus licence from start to finish.

If you’d like us to, we can arrange for you to take your medical and/or your D1 practical driving test at no extra cost. We can also help you order additional training books and publications if needed.

Need a minibus refresher course?

We can tailor refresher courses according to your requirements. Contact us for further information.

D1 Restriction Code 101

Depending on when you passed your driving test, you may already have D1 entitlement on your licence.

If you passed your category B (car) test before 1st January 1997, it’s worth checking to see whether you can already drive a minibus without further training. If your licence carries a restriction code 101, it means you’ll need to undertake Driver CPC training to a drive a minibus for hire or reward.

Make an Enquiry

If you require more information on Minibus Training, simply complete the short form below and we will do the rest:

I consent to EP Training Limited collecting and storing my personal data from this enquiry form.

Training Courses

Scroll To Top